Thursday 21 January 2010

GOOD CONDIMENT: Green Tabasco

In my opinion, this is probably the most underrated condiment in the Western World. Seriously. Last year I flirted with the idea of carrying a bottle with me everywhere, and I recently revisited my Green Tabasco love affair after coming across it in the local corner shop, and used the last few pounds of that week's wages to splash out on it (hohoho).
So I thought I'd write a blog, because I'm a massive fan of all things tasty. In my research for this blog, I perused the Tabasco website and discovered something totally amazing which is probably worthy of an entire post itself, but as I am lazy I'm just tacking it onto this one. This amazing thing is the Scoville Scale, invented in 1912 by Wilbur Scoville to measure the piquancy of peppers. The Green Tabasco is rated at approx. 600-1200 Scoville heat units, Red Tabasco 2500-5000 SHU and the hottest ever was recorded at 1,040,000 SHU which would probably kill you. Streuth.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE GREEN TABASCO
    so much better than the red one
    see you in february
    xxx

    a fan

    ReplyDelete